Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Never Been Kissed Part 2


I wonder why Drew Barrymore hasn’t done those kind of sweet, likable films like Never Been Kissed and Ever After in quite some time.  She’s the original “adorkable” heroine that is also utterly relatable.  It turns out I have a lot in common with her character, Josie, in Never Been Kissed.  Like Josie I too am shy, was a nerd in high school, and want to be a writer.  The biggest similarity between us, though, is far more embarrassing.  Yes, like Josie Geller I have never been kissed.  I take comfort in the fact that she was a few years older than me (three to be exact-I’m 22 and she is 25).  I have no excuse for this fact (I feel like I should have an excuse as mostly everyone says their first kiss was in their teens) except that I was a complete nerd in high school like I have previously mentioned.  I also was reserved.  Then my first year in college I was excited to meet people who dreamed and weren’t afraid to be different.  Soon enough, though, I was disappointed to find that people are people no matter what.  People can be mean, they can betray, they can hurt.  Most of my experiences have either been strictly flirtatious friendship or unrequited love.  The times that I thought it could happen never panned out.  A 22 year-old who has never been kissed sounds pretty lame.  It may be even lamer that I want that first kiss to count, to mean something, to be special.  I want it to be with someone I really like.  I’m not sure if it will happen like that or anything and frankly I will be mortified to share with the person that they are the first.  Maybe I won’t mention it; maybe I will only share this with you.  Call me naïve or silly but I like to think of myself as a daydreamer with a penchant for romanticism.  Tragic heroines like Tess of the D’urbervilles, witty banter, and doomed loves or ships passing in the night are my proclivities.  I guess I’m standing on the pitcher’s mound like Josie but unlike her I just haven’t found my Mr. Coulson (played by the handsome Michael Vartan) yet.






No comments:

Post a Comment