Thursday, March 14, 2013

Grumpy Cat Playlist

I felt bleh today, like I just wanted to crawl under the covers and stay there forever.  I went to physical therapy, first day of aquatic therapy, and phew I got tired out.  When you are far from 100% it's funny how much energy is exerted.  After I came home I literally did get under the covers and listened to my iPod.  My mom and dad thought I was sleeping but I couldn't fall asleep.  I just stared at the pattern on my comforter and tried to figure out why I felt even more depressed (never a PC term but still overused unfortunately) than usual.

How I felt- and probably looked- today (courtesy of Grumpy Cat)

When I was trying to sync new songs to my iPod yesterday blasted iTunes said that my iPod was full.  How does that even happen anymore with the amount of space on these contraptions?  It happened to me nonetheless and now I have to go through and delete songs save get a new iPod.

So back to when I was listening to my iPod under the covers.  It made me think that I never really had a playlist for when you're just plain feeling crappy and like "Curse the world!" but don't have enough energy or heart to shake your fist.  I do have a playlist for when you're feeling angry at someone-it's a really long playlist.

This is what I listened to today:

1. "Wonderwall" by Oasis- For when we actually believed that a significant someone could save us.

2.  "In the End" by Linkin Park- There is nothing better than Chester's voice.  Have you ever felt like that?  Like you put your all into something and then it just didn't even matter anyway?

3.  "What I've Done" by Linkin Park- When I got going with the whole Linkin Park thing I couldn't stop and entered into their seemingly more religious phase.  Don't get me wrong but I still like the original Linkin Park so much better.

4.  "Jumper" by Third Eye Blind- Hey, I was down in the dumps.  "Wish you would step back from that ledge my friend...I would understaaaayeeeaaaaaand..."

5.  "White Horse" by Taylor Swift- I don't care what anyone says T. Swift was at her best in the beginning and this song of lost innocence is replayable.

6.  "Marilyn Monroe" by Nicki Minaj- An actual thoughtful Nicki Minaj song.  I'm not sure why Marilyn Monroe felt the way she did when she was so beautiful and talented and beloved but I sure felt that way today and I am far from those three things.

7.  "Who Knew" by Pink- Can somebody please explain to me why Pink isn't bigger than she is already?  Man, she has a good voice.  A lesser known song maybe, but the lyrics are so nostalgic.

8.  "Fuck and Run" by Liz Phair- Please don't judge.  I discovered this song late and Liz Phair sounds so different on it.  There is a sadness to it and a desperate yearning.  Who doesn't want "all that stupid old shit?"

9.  "Just a Dream" by Nelly- I don't usually like Nelly songs but this one is just plain good, auto-tune and all.

10. "Superman" by Five for Fighting- It sounds a little arrogant to sing this song aloud but I still do when no one's listening.  "I'm not that naive, men weren't meant to ride with clouds between their knees.  I'm only a man..."

11. "Face Down" by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus- Could also be put in angry playlist.  I actually didn't know the lyrics told such a heart-wrenching story at first as I just liked the beat. 

12.  "Eyes on Fire" by Blue Foundation- An extremely emo song, although I have no idea what it is about.  I just remember hearing it in Twilight and liking it.

13.  "How to Save a Life" by The Fray- This has to be on any downer list.

14.  "Love the Way You Lie Part 2" by Rihanna (feat Eminem)- I like Part 2 slightly better, only slightly, than the original version because there are hauntingly, eerily good verses added and Rihanna sings them beautifully.  Powerful and the epitome of destruction.

15.  "Gecer" by Kutsi- This song sounds amazing even if you don't know what it means.  It is Turkish for, "This Will Pass," a break-up song lamenting the end of a relationship.

16.  "Benimle Oynama" by Burak Kut- Continuing on with the break-up theme, this is a Turkish song as well and means "Don't Play Games with Me."  It is an example of what I meant about Turkish songs that are like "I hate you" but you can fist-pump and dance to them.  Basically they sound upbeat but about love loss.

17.  "Breathe Me" by Sia- May not be eloquent but sad sad sad and lovely/heartbreaking/gorgeous.

18.  "Video" by India.Arie- Finally, I tried to end on somewhat of an upper.  This song has such poignant lyrics and makes me think for a second that I could raise my arms in the air and no one would care that I hadn't shaved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment